University of Portsmouth Free Church Chaplain - deadline end of March
Is God calling you to work with university students and staff? Do you have the gifts to support students discovering or affirming their faith at university? Are you skilled at pastoral care among people of any faith or none? Can you work collaboratively within the university and with churches in the area, to develop a ministry amongst young adults in a university and city-wide context?
The University of Portsmouth, in partnership with local Free Churches, is seeking to appoint a full-time minister, lay or ordained, from a Free Church background (a member of Churches Together in Great Britain and Ireland), to work within the multi-faith Chaplaincy team of the university. The person appointed will:
- accompany and provide pastoral support to staff and students in matters of faith and personal growth;
- represent matters of faith among students, staff and committees within the University of Portsmouth;
- participate in a 24/7 on-call rota;
- creatively use opportunities to develop networks and to be a sign of God’s love to all people;
- work with churches in Portsmouth to develop shared opportunities for new ministry among young adults;
- have due regard to the calling and the professional responsibilities of those serving as ministers of the sending church, including particular regard for the safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Revd Connie Sherman, the coordinating chaplain, on email@example.com.
For more information and how to apply, follow this link: https://www.port.ac.uk/about-us/working-at-portsmouth/current-vacancies